Mistborn — Direland AU
This site is used to organize resources for games and fiction set in the Direland Alternate Universe of the Mistborn setting.
What makes this an Alternate Universe?
- Kandra powers are expanded
- Preservation and Ruin are not Things
- The Final Empire is not centered at the northern pole of Scadrial
- Black ash does not actually cool planets
- The characters from the books failed in their attempted uprising and were forgotten
- A different revolution in Remote Dominance did succeed
- Emotional allomancy does not grant mindcontrol on spiked people or monsters
- Expanded set of unconventional metals for allomancy, hemalurgy, and feruchemy
Characters are built together, based on important questions for the individuals and the group. While it can be helpful to have an idea of what you’d like to play before the character gen. session, it’s also important to be flexible enough to build a cohesive group with the other players.
Questions to consider:
- Do you want to play a member of the oppressing class, or the oppressed? Skaa and Terrisfolk face systemic oppression in the Final Empire, while the Noble aristocracy enjoy grotesque privilege.
- Do you want to play a shapeshifter? Kandra in the Final Empire are bound to contracts created by the Lord Ruler and only leave their homeland to work for nobles he has granted these contracts to.
- What is the first thing people notice about your character?
- What is the worst thing that ever happened to them?
- What does your group want to do in the world?
- How do they plan on making this happen?